Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy


Is BioIdentical Hormone Replacement Therapy(BHRT) Right For You?

Estrogen decrease over our lifetime is a natural process of aging as we approach peri-menopause and enter menopause. Although a natural process, decreasing levels of estrogen can have less than desirable side effects, most importantly its effects on cardiovascular disease. Low estrogen in menopause leads to:

         Cardiovascular Disease
         Osteoporosis
         Muscle Weakness/Fatigue
         Insomnia/Foggy Thinking
         Weight Gain
         Decreased collagen/skin thickness
         Decreased libido/vaginal dryness

CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE IS THE LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH IN WOMEN. It is important to have a comprehensive health workup when considering hormone replacement therapy. Creating complete health and balance in your life by fully evaluating cardiovascular health and risks, thyroid and adrenal function, breast/ovarian related cancers as well as dietary and lifestyle influences will ensure safe use of BHRT and the full benefit of anti-aging therapies. BHRT is most beneficial for women entering perimenopause and early menopause as the cardiovascular risks will be most reduced at this phase of life. Starting BHRT after the age of 65-70 years old is not recommended on the basis of increasing risk of stroke.

What is Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy?

Bioidentical hormones are made from natural soy or yam components that are synthesized to be identical to the hormones that are made in your body.  Bioidentical hormone therapy is specifically created by a compounding pharmacy for your individual needs determined from thorough hormone testing. Proper estrogen and progesterone ratios can then be reestablished as well as uncovering testosterone, cortisol, and DHEA imbalances. Bioidentical hormones are used together with naturopathic therapeutics, exercise and nutritional therapies to increase health and vitality.




Who needs BHRT?

Pre-menopause:

Pre-menopausal women that are regularly cycling may have symptoms indicating hormone imbalance. Symptoms may include:

  •  PMS(mood changes, acne, breast tenderness, painful cycles and irregular menses)

  •  Migraines 

  • Fatigue

  • Anxiety 

  • Miscarriage/Infertility

     

Peri-menopause:

Peri-menopausal woman will start to have changes in their menstrual cycle commonly skipping monthly cycles as the hormone levels start to decrease. Women with chronic illness, depletion, adrenal fatigue and long term use of oral contraceptives tend to notice peri-menopausal changes earlier than other women. The average woman enters perimenopause at 45 years old. Symptoms may include those above as well as:

  • Hot flashes
  • Insomnia
  • Short term memory loss
  • Heart palpitations
  • Decreased sex drive
  • Weight gain
  • Hair loss

Menopause:

Woman that have entered menopause have not had a single menstrual cycle for an entire year. This symbolizes a drop in hormones that has consistently remained low over time unable to stimulate a menstrual cycle. Symptoms generally include the above mentioned as well as increased RISK FOR:

  •  Cardiovascular disease

  •  Osteopenia/osteoporosis

  • Collagen changes and increased infection

 

Naturopathic Treatment Plan and Assessment includes:
  • Salivary hormone testing to determine the actual hormone levels
  • fasting blood work to assess nutrient levels, thyroid and adrenal function
  • hormone balancing with customized herbal formulas specific to your condition
  • medical nutrition assessment
  • exercise protocols
  • homeopathic medicine
  • intramuscular vitamin injections
  • natural hormone replacement if necessary


 Come in today for a comprehensive naturopathic wellness exam to create health and evaluate proper hormone balance that is right for you!

Receive $50 off your comprehensive hormone panel by booking now online:
http://book-online-now-dr-martin.genbook.com


CREATE HEALTH!

Dr. Hillary Martin, ND LMT
Licensed Naturopathic Doctor

13323 W. Washington Blvd Suite 202
Los Angeles, California 90066
www.drhillarymartin.com
310-691-6237

7 comments:

  1. Ah. Yes, if a woman feels that she is nearing her perimenopausal, she has an option to go for bio identical hormone replacement. This can be quite effective if a woman wants to feel 20 years younger.

    Jennifer West

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dis agree to Jennifer, even natural hormone replacement therapy cannot make you younger. It can only replace your body's hormone level.

      Delete
  2. I have been researching if BHRT can be a solution for pre-menopausal women undergoing some of the symptoms because most of what I read says that it is just usually for menopausal women. Thank you for clearing this up. I would consider this therapy after I consult with my physician.

    Chelsea Leis

    ReplyDelete

  3. I feel so excited today because it's just a year since I got my breakthrough from Herpes.I was diagnosed of HSV1 on the 12/4/2015 and latter i got affected with the HSV2. That was my 2nd outbreak after i lost my ex fiance that got me affected with the virus. I was so scared when he died and what i heard about the Herpes virus as he's deathly and such has no cure. I feel so pity and and a disgrace to my personality,in my career and my family to have been in with the deathly sickness, and that would makes my love ones siblings stay far from me. I was going to my regular church activities when i begin to hear testimonies of how people get cure online, i never gave it a thought till my cousin Stephanie who was affected with HIV told me, Lenny you need not to worry cos i met i man today online , i traditional herbal healer whom two of her friends confirmed he cure them with his herbal herbs that i should give it a try. I saw the interest in her and she did contact the herbal doctor again in my present, luckily for me he picked and show up himself, behold he was at about to attain to some patients that have came back with appreciation of how he cure them from Cancer, HIV, and off much too the herpes he cured an 18 years old daughter.
    I was so happy that day, i wanted to be there but the distance was a barrier to me. I told him how the virus had eaten me up and and a truly believe there's cure for herpes. He told me me with assurance that my case wont be different and he had been curing lots of people With his herbal medicine and most people due contact him from the States and preperd the medicine and made use of the DHL to reach him.
    Honestly speaking Dr. Akpu power his a great and gifted herbalist,His destined to herbs.
    He made me do away with the medical prescription,the acyclovir (Zovirax), famciclovir(Famvir), and valacyclovir (valtrex). you don't know him because you haven't meet this man try and contact him yourself Dr. Akpu in Africa is popularly known in his City,and you can request for his address yourself. I'm so happy now cos,I and my cousin had been confirmed negative till date..the Lord is good in my life. Dr. Akpu sent me his herbal medicine that heal me too, 🙏 🙏 Dr. Akpu for giving me another life.
    Contact Dr.akpu for all kids of sickness@
    Dr.akpupowerherbscenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  4. I feel so excited today because it's just a year since I got my breakthrough from Herpes.I was diagnosed of HSV1 on the 12/4/2015 and latter i got affected with the HSV2. That was my 2nd outbreak after i lost my ex fiance that got me affected with the virus. I was so scared when he died and what i heard about the Herpes virus as he's deathly and such has no cure. I feel so pity and and a disgrace to my personality,in my career and my family to have been in with the deathly sickness, and that would makes my love ones siblings stay far from me. I was going to my regular church activities when i begin to hear testimonies of how people get cure online, i never gave it a thought till my cousin Stephanie who was affected with HIV told me, Lenny you need not to worry cos i met i man today online , i traditional herbal healer whom two of her friends confirmed he cure them with his herbal herbs that i should give it a try. I saw the interest in her and she did contact the herbal doctor again in my present, luckily for me he picked and show up himself, behold he was at about to attain to some patients that have came back with appreciation of how he cure them from Cancer, HIV, and off much too the herpes he cured an 18 years old daughter.
    I was so happy that day, i wanted to be there but the distance was a barrier to me. I told him how the virus had eaten me up and and a truly believe there's cure for herpes. He told me me with assurance that my case wont be different and he had been curing lots of people With his herbal medicine and most people due contact him from the States and preperd the medicine and made use of the DHL to reach him.
    Honestly speaking Dr. Akpu power his a great and gifted herbalist,His destined to herbs.
    He made me do away with the medical prescription,the acyclovir (Zovirax), famciclovir(Famvir), and valacyclovir (valtrex). you don't know him because you haven't meet this man try and contact him yourself Dr. Akpu in Africa is popularly known in his City,and you can request for his address yourself. I'm so happy now cos,I and my cousin had been confirmed negative till date..the Lord is good in my life. Dr. Akpu sent me his herbal medicine that heal me too, 🙏 🙏 Dr. Akpu for giving me another life.
    Contact Dr.akpu for all kids of sickness@
    Dr.akpupowerherbscenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be healed someday. This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr VOKE and she gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. VOKE telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm I never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that I have cured, after some time I went to my doctor to confirmed if I have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr voke on doctorvoke@gmail.com
    contact Dr VOKE today for your problem to be solve for you just as my problem have been solved for me also, via Email doctorvoke@gmail.com


    E-mail: doctorvoke@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I TESTED POSITIVE TO HIV SINCE 2018

    I was told by my doctor that there's no possible cure for it but it can be suppressed with the use of medication!! I felt depressed & sad. I started taking my medication. I felt frustrated, so I tried to seek help online when I came across this website (https://chiefdrluckyherbaltherapy.wordpress.com/) of a doctor called Chief Dr Lucky.  Also I saw a lot of testimonials about him on how he uses natural herbal medicine to cure HIV AIDS and numerous Infections & different kinds of disease as well. So I contacted him and told him my problems after a brief consultation with him. He Prepared and  sent me the herbal medicine and I took it as he instructed me, Then he called me 3weeks after to go and have a check-up!! It brought out testing negative, I felt calm a bit, and the doctors day for more clarity I will have to come back after 1week of which I did and tested negative for the second time !! I am so wow and grateful to this doctor whose medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT, there's no special diet when taking the medicine. He also have cure for 
    +HERPES 
    +CANCER
    +HEPATITIS
    +HIV/AIDS
    +PCOS
    +FIBROID
    You can contact him via Email: chiefdrlucky@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348132777335

    ReplyDelete