Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Measles & Prevention 2015




Measles is a virus so treat it like all viral infections and keep immunity boosted, get plenty of fluids, WASH HANDS, avoid heavily populated areas that can have high risk exposure. Keep your children home if they are sick

Symptoms of Measles
Signs and symptoms of measles appear 10-14 days after exposure and may include fever, cough, runny nose, inflamed eyes, sore throat and rash. The classic sore throat presentation may have small bluish-white spots in the mouth or the back of the throat called ‘Koplik spots” definitive of measles. The rash will start at the top and move down from the torso and arms to the legs and lower body. The virus will be contagious for about 8 days, starting 4-5 days before the rash appears and following 4-5 days after. 

Contact your doctor immediately if any of these symptoms present themselves.

Having a vitamin A deficiency. If you don't have enough vitamin A in your diet, you're more likely to contract measles and to have more-severe symptoms.

Vitamin A. People with low levels of vitamin A are more likely to have a more severe case of measles. Giving vitamin A may lessen the severity of the measles. It's generally given as a large dose of 200,000 international units (IU) for two days.(http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/measles/basics/risk-factors/con-20019675 )

Best Antivirals: Elderberry, Andropgraphis, Astragalus and Osha, Vit A(bet carotene), Vit C, Zinc. Incorporate Vit D, probiotics and healthy, whole food diet for immune support.


Naturopathic Womens Wellness
1295 Yellow Pine Ave. Boulder CO 80304
P: 303-545-2021  |  F: 303-545-2003 |  E: DrMartin@nawellness.com
|  Dr. Hillary Martin  |

1 comment:

  1. I'm short of words to express the goodness of God in my life. I was diagnosed of herpes simplex virus 4 years ago. Which was the worst time in my life. I became worried,distress,felt so rejected,dirty and pity by so many,friends,family and most all my lovely girlfriends. I started keeping in touch with many hospitals,tried many solutions,and consulted many medical practitioners to get ride of my HSV virus,none of the ativiral treatment could cure me .I started trying fruits and herbs, and with time became very interested in herbs for solutions,to get ride of my HSV. I thought my life was gonna end there, i became worried and couldn't sleep at night. On faithful Sunday morning,when the appointed time came for my breakthrough, my lovely girlfriend, crystal who visited me home came up with a good news with her HSV test result negative. I was shocked,but so happy to have seen that. I wouldn't believe if I haven't seen the result and that would have being my worst mistake in life. She told me it was the work of an herbalist in Africa,Dr.Elabe. who prepared the HSV cured and sent it to her through the DHL. I became very interest and went online to search for natural ways for my cure then I saw a testimony of a lady comments on how she was cured from cancer by the same herbalist, then,I quickly email him@
    Dominicelabeherbalhome4all@gmail.com.
    its med.are very active with immune booster with no site effect.contact him for the solution to all your sickness. He cures all viruses and diseases
    Dominicelabeherbalhome4all@gmail.com
    Is a God sent in my life.

    ReplyDelete